Funding guidelines of the Dr Silvia Bopp Foundation
Grants of scholarships
In addition to numerous projects in the current region of support, the Dr Silvia Bopp Foundation awards 1-2 scholarships every year.
In doing so, we completely cover the costs for each scholarship recipient.
1. As a matter of principle, scholarships are awarded only to physicians who have completed their degrees, seek training as a specialist ophthalmologist and have an aptitude for this occupation. Moreover, their individual career path shows their accomplishments in ophthalmology.
2. The origin of the applicants is determined by the region given priority for support. Currently, support focuses on the region of East Africa.
3. Applicants who speak English as their native language are preferred.
4. As a rule, the original aims of the foundation take priority in the selection of scholarship recipients.
5. The scholarship recipients commit to working for no less than three years in a public clinic in their home country after they complete their education.
6. The scholarship recipients agree to report regularly on the progress of their education.
All scholarships are provided in cooperation with "Light for the World"
and are governed by the contractual agreements made with the Dr Silvia Bopp Foundation and Light for the World.
Applications may be submitted in any form and at any time, albeit promptly before the start of the academic year, to the following:
Dr. Silvia Bopp Foundation
or by e-mailing:firstname.lastname@example.org
Required as a minimum for the application are a letter of application, a curriculum vitae and a photograph.
Scholarships are subject to a decision by the Advisory Board of the foundation.
The foundation welcomes applications from potential applicants.